Have A Healthy Halloween!!
I think few things scare people more than the thought of eating healthy with all that readily edible Halloween candy sitting so innocently within arms reach. Plus, who can truly avoid all those really cute looking treats at your party (rice crispy treat ghost anyone)? However, an overindulgent night will completely ruin all that focus and you have been so intently putting in day in and day out! Before you think there’s no fun to be had living a , keep this in mind: Enjoy in moderation! Go have one or two of your favorites on one or two nights but reign it in after that by following these simple and smart ways to Stay Healthy on Halloween.
- Before heading to that adult party where you know spooky temptation will reside, make sure to have a filling, healthy meal at home right before you go. This will assure you get your veggies BEFORE dessert and hopefully will curb your appetite as you gaze upon the treats.
- Bring a dish to that party so that you can feel good about eating. Don’t rely on the host to put out for their guests (and more importantly, you).
- Take advantage of your trick-or-treating kids and go around the neighborhood with them. Make sure to wear your pedometer to get those extra steps and encourage the young ghouls to run! This is pretty easy to do since the idea of getting more candy, more quickly is a great enticement. Then you get a run in too, good job! Bonus points for pulling a wagon, by the way.
- The office is going to be oozing with delicious looking treats like doughnuts. Enjoy the bloodbath from a distance as everyone else devours the box but not you, you have scary willpower! Physical distance from the unhealthy snacks will help keep you on track. Especially in the office where snacking is dangerous, try not to even have one. Instead, take a particularly neat treat home to share. That way you can enlist others to help you abstain!
- Stay hydrated. Our wonderful go-to for healthy eating. Make sure that you don’t stray away from your and it will curb your appetite. Take advantage of any help!
- Buy your least favorite candy to give out to Trick-or-Treaters. Sacrifice the admiration of neighborhood kids for your continued health and prosperity :-)
I hope you enjoy this unique and light-hearted holiday with your healthy-heart still intact (you know, from vampires and poor nutrition choices alike). If you put the honest effort into following these tips, you will find yourself very proud to have navigated the murky waters of Halloween healthy eating. Good Luck and have fun!
- Written by Erin Oprea
- Published: 28 October 2014