New Year's Resolutions, Do It!!
Let’s be honest, you’ve made New Year’s Resolutions before and the track record of keeping them is pretty low. Some good ones have even lasted into May, and you’ve been proud of others for their optimism if not for their brevity. Take these good memories of creating fresh starts and don’t give up on a grand tradition. It is time to update the old style of a year long promise to a more doable, quality assurance type of resolution :).
Every January is a perfect time to help create a new beginning. Everyone loves a fresh start and you get a built-in one every year! You are such a lucky soul!! This year, I desperately want you to have that unbelievable feeling of accomplishing your goal and to do this I want you to follow these steps.
1. Make a short but honest list of things you want to be different this year. They may be about your health or even about quality time with your family.
2. Take that short list and find the 1 thing that you truly want beyond all the rest. That ONE thing will be your resolution for the year.
3. Now, take out your smart phone and start creating short term reminders to keep you on track. This first will be created one month in, the second in April, the third in July, the fourth in October and the last one will be on the last day of the year.
4. As each of these reminders pop up throughout the year, take it as a moment to realize how far you’ve come and a gentle push to keep going and strive on. Very important here is not to be disgruntled if you have fallen off the wagon. Don’t be negative, just get back to being a better you! This isn’t me telling you what to change, this is you creating your own set of goals!
If you don’t want to change a thing about your wonderful self, then congratulations, you did it :)! However, if you see your future self as a more complete and complicated person, give yourself an important 30 minutes this New Year and create that resolution. Good Luck and I’ll see you in 2015.
- Written by Erin Oprea
- Published: 31 December 2014