Successful Habits to Live By
Overhauling your life is not the easiest way to get healthy. Just like going into the gym after a long hiatus and going all out, having huge lofty goals will be way too much, way too soon. However, if you can live by a few simple healthy mantras, you can start making a habit out of living better for yourself and stick to it. Here is a list of some of my favorites, grab a couple that work for you and become a champion of simple healthy living.
1. Adding extra movement to your day. Staying active is always high on my list. Get a pedometer and strive for 10,000 steps a day. Shoot, if you see that you get 3,000 on average and the pedometer pushes you to get 6,o00, NICE! (But seriously, strive for 10k :-)
2. Drinking water. Feel better, look better, have your body perform better.
3. Smile. Hey, it’s contagious, who couldn’t use a little positivity!
4. Don’t diet. Healthy individuals know that a short term diet to reduce your weight is just that; short term. Eating clean is a lifetime endeavor.
5. Sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours of good sleep to help your body recover. Sleep debt isn’t recovered from one good night, make this a habit and feel better! By the way, having trouble getting to sleep? The more active you are the more your body is going to want to sleep.
6. Prep food. With healthy food made ahead of time, how can you lose?
Find your new simple healthy habit and feel better about how you feel better!
- Written by Erin Oprea
- Published: 10 January 2015